Terms of Service
Last updated: December 16, 2017
(changes include change of Service provider and updated Purpose)
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) governs your (”Your”) use of the Service provided on the www.globalgrandcentral.net website (the “Service”) operated by Global Grand Central non-profit (Swedish Org nr:802509-54266) and its affiliates and contractees (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you should stop using the Service. And if you will, please, contact us for clarification – the easiest way is through the red feedback button on the right side of your screen.
The Service is in existence to further the statutory purpose of the Global Grand Central non-profit association. By actively using our Service, you affirm your commitment to contribute towards the objective of the association. This is:
In full respect of cultural rights,* and in order to reinforce a vibrant civil society, it is our objective to provide an open platform and living archives for learning and exchange amongst artistic, social and cultural activists worldwide.
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license (CC BY-SA 4.0 as detailed here) to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service.
- Note specifically that the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license, CC BY-SA 4.0, allows the sharing, copying and redistribution of the Content you upload in any medium or format. Including adaptation in the form of remix, transformation, and building upon the Content for any purpose, even commercially.
The license provide the following conditions for the above usage and redistribution of Content:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
The reason for us to use this licensing is because, in line with the above objective, we work to actively encourage the sharing, building upon, and improvement of the type of Content that we collect. We approve of the general case for “Free Cultural Works” as described by the Creative Commons network here and detailed in a longer argument to why we are also allowing “commercial reuse” (and why we have not instead chosen the commercially restricted CC BY-NC license), the argument is outlined here.
By uploading content and agreeing to the CC BY-SA 4.0 license you grant the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who are free to use your Content subject to the license described.
You further represent and warrant that:
- Any uploaded Content is yours (you own it) or you have the right to use it in accordance with these Terms and grant us the rights and license as provided above.
- The posting of your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- You are not posting any discriminatory, infringing, hateful, pornographic or illegal content via the Service.
- You do not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you may not post any unauthorized private or confidential information via the Service.
- You do not create or submit “spam” – such as unwanted email, comments, or other forms of commercial or harassing communications to any users of the Service.
- You do not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature.
- You do not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service without prior written consent from us.
If you become aware of any Content on the Website which you consider in breach of these Terms of Service, please report it to us, either by email, or (recommended) by using the red feedback button on the right side of your screen.
Note that we do not screen, edit or review Content posted to Hubs’ profiles, Activities pages, or Story posts prior to their appearance on the Service and Content on the Service does not necessarily reflect our views. We do, however, reserve the right to continuously monitor all Content and to remove any which we, or other users, consider to be misleading, deceptive, offensive, inappropriate or otherwise in breach of these Terms of Service.
Also, although representatives of Global Grand Central non-profit will normally only delete Content that violates these Terms of Service, we reserve the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted Content may be stored by us in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, we encourage you to maintain your own backup of your Content. Global Grand Central is not a backup service. We will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of our Services, or the loss of any Content.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
The following terms apply:
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade-mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, username, or any account rights.
- You may not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You may not attempt to gain access to parts of the Service where access rights have not been given to you through any means.
- You should not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other user’s accounts through any means.
- You must not attempt to restrict another user from using or enjoying the Service and you must not encourage or facilitate violations of these Terms of Service.
The digital code of the Service, features and functionality are freely available as Open Source software, and its original content is available under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license, as above. However, the Global Grand Central logo has restrictions of use as regulated by Global Grand Central non-profit and its licensors as part of the Global Grand Central project. Our logo may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Global Grand Central non-profit.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Global Grand Central non-profit.
Global Grand Central non-profit has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Global Grand Central non-profit shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach these Terms of Service.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall Global Grand Central non-profit, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Global Grand Central non-profit, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Governing Law & Dispute
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Sweden, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising out of, or in connection with these Terms, shall be settled by the Stockholm City Court as it´s first instance.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us either by email or (recommended) by using the red feedback button on the right side of your screen.