With our project 100 Faces – 100 Stories we want to attract attention to the fact that we are already a multi-cultural society and that borders exist not only between countries but also between young and old people, rich and poor, as well as between educated and non-educated, men and women … And furthermore people are confronted with their personal borders and the story they tell might be one of how they overcame this border or how they have to live with it. In any case we are looking for an experience that has been existential for this person.
LocationFindorffstraße 51, 28215 Bremen, Deutschland
How it was done
Open call for interviews.
Open questions in the interview.
Public presentation of the results in the public space in an artistic setting.
Involvememt of participants and visitors in discussions, workshops etc.
- Are you a brave person or a cautious one?
- Can you think of a border you like, you think is nice?
- Is there a border you have overcome?
- Why did you want to overcome this border?
- How did you do it? What was needed in order to succeed?
- What was the effect? Was something different afterwards?
- Which border frightens you? (Why?)
- Which border do you want to errect? (Why?)
- Is there a border where there is something on the other side that is attracting you?
As part of this activity, Bordr stories were booked.
Main lessons learned
If the project is based on previous experience, what was the lessons, and inspirations to take this particular route forward?
Inspiration came from Gottfried Helnwein (photography), from Marcus’ Project and our mixed and combined experiences in media, theatre and journalism.
Promoting the project
Promotion and marketing of the project
Making interviews with video and photos.