Creating art with children with special skills.
Orfeos 174, Athens, Greece
About this hub
Site-specific performances/theatre/dance, artists in residency, support new dramaturgy, live music, festivals, seminars and educational programs, visual arts/exhibitions, community and activist projects, media, clubs, etc.Former use
Vyrsodepseio has been the largest tannery in the Balkans in the 19th century and has been claimed as a preserved building from the Ministry of Culture (all activities run under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Culture).Artist Network
YRSODEPSEIO is an independent space for the arts, for artists/ by artists. VYRSODEPSEIO is an old tannery, a space, where animal skin was torn off. The art produced there, tries to keep that tradition alive.In times, when Greece has become a project, -an experiment, -a work in progress (progress? – or regress?), our work is inevitably an experimental project in progress…VYRSODEPSEIO is a pool of people, who work together, and then part. People from different disciplines (theatre, music, dance, fine arts, film/video, literature, architecture and also politics). The common ground to work together is the space, – the old tannery – and also the effort to find new ways to produce independent art. The MC of VYRSODEPSEIO (MC =Master of Ceremony), the person who connects it all is Elli Papakonstantinou. – Artists come and go, the MC stays. As people go, come back, go again or stay, gradually a “group” is forming. VYRSODEPSEIO itself is an experimental project in progress…Aims
(-of course we have!)
– to work together with others and create a frontline of new aesthetics – in other words: to do what we want.
– to create a network of artists, to become a collectivity, to gather more groups – in other words: to be strong.
– to have the ability, to point out social structures, habits, political situations, which we want to change
– to have artistic articulation – in other words: to be heard, be seen.
– to become so strong and independent, that we can do what we want and still be heard and seen – in other words: to become famous and rich.
Contact ODC Ensemble
Activities organized by this hub
Performance with the students of the Special vocational high School of Eleusis
A short film from documentations of workshops with borderline children
The Visual artist Malvina Pountzikoglou makes a 15th day workshop with borderline adolescents (aged 12-21).
A workshop by director Elli Papakonstantinou at Vocational School of Eleusina working with borderline children
Awarded cultural program for musician Tilemachos Moussas Musical Workshop with children with special skills .